Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

In brief Service America (S A) came in early December to fix my 2 year old 31 cu. ft.

LG refrigerator that was working fine, but had a week earlier frozen up over the freezer fan motor that caused the refrigerator part to stop cooling. This was the first problem we ever had with it. Since SA refused to come for over a week we had called LG direct and they told us by phone how to fix it quickly , but we were not sure it would not happen again. Thus the call to SA for which we paid almost 700 dollars a year for their best contract.

WE NEVER SHOULD HAVE CALLED THEM AS THE LG TECH TOLD US 10 WEEKS LATER THAT IS WAS A VERY SIMPLE FIX. But their company could not work on it because SA used what he called junk parts and not LG parts. SA tech did not know what to do on visit one so he just looked at the unit from the outside and said he had to order a part. He did not speak to us about anything except to say he would order a part.

To make a long story short we had no refrigerator for 9 1/2 weeks. There were 9 SA service calls between 8 am and 6 pm forcing one of us to loose time at work for each service call. This took over 9 weeks that we went to a neighbor to get all our meals, snacks, and drinks. On some visits they brought the wrong parts and tried to force them in.

Their technicians are in our opinion totally incompetent and seem to work like a bull in a china shop. SA's parts dept kept sending the wrong parts and the technicians ( and I use that word loosely) seem to never get the part number correct. On one call to our home I heard the tech yelling " get out, get out. I thought our dog was attacking him, but when I ran over to see, the tech was pulling on a part that he did not remove properly and just tried to force it out and broke it.

Our dog was resting on the couch and no where near him. I have a log of each visit and 30 + pictures of their total destruction of our refrigerator. They finally said on the last visit AFTER ALMOST 10 WEEKS they could not fix it and would not be back again to try what so ever. Their miniscule print contract only allows 1000 dollars for a 2800 refrigerator, so I recommend never get this contract if you own high price appliances as they pay a pittance toward a new one if they can not fix your appliance.

And make sure you read every word of the tiny print as you would be shocked by what it says. Getting to speak to someone with authority and some intelligence seems nearly impossible. They wear you down until you give up. They force you to arbitration so they have the upper hand.

They first tell you a check is coming in 2 weeks if they can not fix it. Yesterday we were told it takes 6 to 8 weeks to process a check. Their book keeper must work only 10 minutes a day. They pay only 100 dollars max for loss of food.

We lost our food in the refrigerator and freezer 3 times plus a huge Christmas dinner when they said the unit was fixed and the next morning it was not working. Our cost of lost food is at least 450 dollars over 9 weeks. Then I asked to cancel my contract and since it was only one month into it, I expected at least 600 dollars back. No they said yesterday we deduct all the parts we put in.

So they want to give me nothing on pro rating the contract if it is cancelled. So why bother to cancel it if that is how they handle the problem. They want us to pay for parts that are broken by their service people, not installed correctly and are junk. Not LG parts.

We have the refrigerator in the garage now so I will carefully remove the parts they put in and send them to all the executives. The LG man told us they never did put in a new compressor, but it was now leaking oil and destroyed by SA. We then had LG factory service come out after 9 weeks for 350 dollars, but they refused to work on the unit because SA used non LG after market and what appeared to be junk parts made in China. I will be happy to remove all the parts SA put in and send them to the president and CFO of SA so they have no excuse to deduct the cost of parts from my contract if it ever gets cancelled.

This is a summary of what happened. Full details are much much worse and horrendous than I have explained above. It appears there is no one at SA with any compassion to treat customers fairly at any level ! SA is probably one of the worst service companies of this type.

Unless the entire industry works to rip you off. On a separate service call a few months earlier, I was told by the A/C tech that the float switch on the drain line are put in for code, but "non of them work" He did not replace it, left after 3 minutes and I was told later it is not part of the A/C unit that SA covers. A good A/C company was here later to replace it and he could not stop laughing at the stupidity of this comment by the SA tech and service mgr. The float switch is mandatory and should be working on ALL A/C UNITS.

The total opposite from SA's *** comments on the problem. How does one get satisfaction from this company ? Have contacted lawyers who have agreed to take on a Class Action Law Suit Against SA. There appears to be hundreds of complaints by customers not rectified.

Please send your story and name and address to hbu2640@bellsouth.net or fax it to 772 2326803. We can at least try to get some satisfaction from this company. We complained to the BBB, but each party writes their statements and it just goes on and on and on.

SA does not seem even to read what we write to the BBB as the answers to or complaints come back with more nonsense and more rules and more delay tactics ! Their motto is probably is we can wear you down by our tiny print contract !

Review about: Service America Refrigerator Repair.

I didn't like: Our entire experience as described.

Comments